EMPLOYER/LOCATION: Kaweah Delta Health Care District / Visalia, CA
Oversees both the food service program as well as the clinical nutrition program for the District.
- Required: Registered Dietitian (RD); or Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) within 18 months of hire/transfer
- Required: ServSafe Certification within 6 months of hire/transfer
Required: Bachelor’s degree in related field
Preferred: Master’s degree
Required: Five years of management experience in health care food services
- Develops food service objectives and creative programs for the department, and assures on-going improvement of goods and services
offered by the department.
- All programs are directed to meet current needs of the hospital, and are managed in such a way that consumers are positive about
services offered. No legitimate complaints.
- Actively participates in planning and implementation of food services as they relate to new programs being offered by the hospital to
- Studies options and organizes to meet group decision within target budget and time frames.
- Maintains good working relationships with all hospital departments by providing service, management assistance, and open
- Maintains cordial and helpful relationships with all departments of the hospital. Maintains good working relationships in Food Service
Department. Prompt and effective handling of problems. No legitimate complaints.
- Preparation of departmental reports and records (financial, budget, personnel, etc.).
- Develops accurate statistics in all areas of department productivity. Ability to produce and interpret reports when requested by
- Supervision of all production, food service and sanitation for patients, cafeteria, and catering.
- Ensures all food productions and service activities meet or exceed all applicable health care regulations. Meets all applicable health
care regulations for all foods, supplies, and equipment.
- Provides oversight of the clinical nutrition program. Provides guidance and direction to the Clinical Nutrition Manager.
- Provides oversight of the Food and Nutrition Departments for all three campuses. Meets with all managers routinely and serves as a
subject matter expert for all food production and service operations