DM&A is looking for a self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player who takes pride in their work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality care to patients.
- Address patient/client needs, particularly considering age, culture, physical capacity, individual preferences, religious background, financial resources and patient willingness & ability to comply.
- AGES SERVED (a): Infant, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric. Demonstrates the knowledge
and skills necessary to provide care/service appropriate to the age of the
patients/individuals served. Demonstrates and possesses the ability to assess data
reflective of the patients/individuals status and interpret relative to his age-specific
needs, and to provide the care/service needed.
- Assists in development of policies/procedures with facility medical and nursing
- Collects data on an on-going basis for department QA/CQI projects.
- Cooperates with health care team members in providing medical nutritional therapy
(MNT) to patients.
- Monitors activities of Meal Services Representative(MSR) in providing nutrition care.
- Monitors an equity of menus and therapeutic diets.
- Monitors and maintains records required for patients, including: (a) patient profile card
(b) food preferences; (c) nutrition assessment/ intervention; (d) progress charting; (e)
special needs; (f) diet instructions/nutritional counseling provided for patient/caregivers.
- Participates in establishing dietary goals, including qualitative standard for product
- Performs nutritional screening and assessments of patients per department policy and
procedures, as well as follow-up assessments, with intervention activities as
appropriate. Document in the electronic medical record (EMR) 100% of the time.
- Provides nutrition counseling to patients and/or caregivers when indicated, including for
drug-nutrient interactions, and document in the EMR.