Employer/Location: Kaiser Permanente, Riverside Medical Center (CA)
Manages the 24 hour/7 days a week environmental services operations of a Medical Center and attached and/or detached Medical
Office Building(s). Develops and implements efficient/productive cleaning methods, supervises environmental services personnel and
manages the administration of training programs, customer relations as well as budget administration.Ensures compliance with
standards and regulations.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Manages the daily operations of the department.
• Regulates daily activities of staff, providing necessary guidance and support to maintain quality
• Selects, coordinates and monitors applicable contracted services.
• Supervises environmental services and grounds keeping employees to ensure that work techniques,
quality assurance standards, department policies and procedures and job specifications are adhered to.
• Interviews and selects environmental services personnel and oversees staff training and development
as outlined by EVS policies and procedures.
• Administers annual performance assessment process.Develops, initiates, and maintains EVS
departmental policies/procedures relative to OSHA, DHS, TJC, NFPA, OSHPD, and other governing
agency regulations and standards.
• Documents staff training to ensure full program compliance.
• Communicates and coordinates department activities with those of other departments by attending and
participating in medical center, service area and regional committees such as peer groups, safety,
disaster, infection control, interior design and recycling committees.
• Evaluates new products while adhering to National Purchasing guidelines and National Facilities
• Participates in the preparation of departmental operating budget, manages resources and monitors
performance to ensure adherence to financial targets.
• Identifies and implements best practices to generate new and innovative ideas to improve service and
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
Minimum three (3) years previous supervisory experience, including previous experience in a health care environment required.