The Room Service Excellence Manager is an experienced professional who serves as a patient ambassador and works collaboratively with Nutrition leadership and staff at all levels to anticipate and address all daily room service needs of the patient. The manager is instrumental in the promotion and development of a room service culture throughout the organization.
- COMPETENCE: Demonstrate knowledge, skills and ability to consistently complete job duties. Follow policies and procedures.
- Promotes a room service culture throughout the organization by being involved in departmental activities and projects to achieve customer service goals.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
- Strives to reach room service goal of 75% participation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in documenting all interactions with patients and families.
- Responsible for visiting all new admits and orientating them to room service.
- Role models customer service standards for Centra.
- Treats colleagues, patients, visitors and other employees respectfully and professionally.
- Assist in the ongoing preparation and teaching of the Room Service Training program to floor staff.
- Attends monthly nursing leadership meetings with department director.
- Responds to suggestions and compliments submitted by patients/families and provides positive reinforcement to involved staff.
- Collaborates with unit leadership and floor staff to coordinate interventions and re-training.
- Participates on committees, work groups and/or process improvement teams that improve patient satisfaction.
- Strives to reach department goal of 80th percentile satisfaction in press ganey.
- Participates in presentations at monthly Nutrition staff meetings.
- Creates annual professional goals and reports quarterly on accomplishments.
- Completes continuing education requirements as mandated by Centra policy.
- Review InfoEdge and Press Ganey reports on an ongoing basis and report concerns/requests for immediate response and follow-up.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING: Meet education requirements. Keep up-to-date with new procedures and change. Look for opportunities to learn. Apply and share new knowledge and learning techniques.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Required: A minimum of two years relevant experience in a health care nutrition environment or related field. Possess strong customer service skills, interpersonal interactions; ability to handle difficult situations/people constructively and effectively.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Windows-based operating software systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
NRAEF ServSafe Certification