Employer/Location: Lake Regional Health System / Osage Beach, MO
As an Assistant Nutrition Services Director you will plan, coordinate and manage all patient nutrition care activities complying with the standards established by regulatory agencies and client. You will manage and lead the Clinical Nutrition Team and also assist the Nutrition Services Director as needed and described in this job summary.
Through your experience and expertise, you will develop and implement cost effective, profit-generating nutrition programs, function as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement nutrition care plans, and establish and maintain policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients. This includes coordinating and directing all clinical activities and determining and implementing appropriate staffing levels.
In your day to day activities you will acts as a team lead for the clinical dietitians, serving as a liaison between nursing, other allied health professionals, food service. Report clinical related issues to the clinical dietitians and is responsible for initiating group problem solving to resolve issues. The Assistant Food Service Director represents the key contact with guests to asses nutritional and dietary needs, make recommendations, and work collaboratively with client representatives (especially nursing/medical staff), and with the Director of Nutrition Services. The Assistant Nutrition Services Director ensures the nutritional requirements are incorporated into dining services production and operations.
The Assistant Nutrition Services Director will be able to step in and lead the entire Nutrition Services department when the Nutrition Services Director is out or unavailable.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains and updates when required all Clinical Nutrition policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients. This includes coordinating and implementing appropriate staffing levels.
- Develops goals and objectives for Clinical Nutrition to maintain high quality care.
- Develops, implements and documents in-service education programs for Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Interns and other nutrition personnel to provide continuing education and training
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other facility departments to provide a unified approach to patient care.
- Utilizes equipment, resources and programs to provide efficient and high quality care.
- Oversee inpatient clinical dietitians and outpatient dietitians
- Assist with overseeing and evaluating Nutrition Services department staff when requested by the Nutrition Services Director
- Assists in the performance planning process for Dietitians and Dietetic Interns
- Participate in menu planning and nutritional analysis for all patient and retail food services
- Participate in implementation, nutrition software set up and overall all aspects of managing and leading room service.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a 4-year college or university, in dietetics, food science, nutrition, or relevant to function.
- Registered Dietitian with Licensed Dietitian status
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Clinical Dietitian preferred 2-3 years of management experience.
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office), including dietary management computer applications (example CBORD) and computerized charting applications.
- Skill in planning, organizing and delegating functional activities.
- Skill in coaching, counseling and developing the supervisory skill of others.
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client and information.