EMPLOYER/LOCATION: Community Health Network / Kokomo, IN
POSITION SUMMARY: The cook position reports to the manager or supervisor on duty and is responsible for the preparation and production of meal entrees and sides for patient room service line and, behavioral health and joint care. The cook position maintains a clean and sanitary work environment and maintains equipment in clean, good work condition.
- The Cook is responsible fo maintaining principles of proper food production and other related activities.
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of foods, such as meats, soups, sauces, gravies, starch, entrees, vegetables, and special orders
- Responsible for seeing that food is prepared according to menu
- Confers with supervisors as to the use of leftovers, and menu changes
- Maintains high standards of food handling and cleanliness in the work area, and is responsible for high standards of personal cleanliness
- Will work together with the employees of the department to provide optimal food, nutritional and environmental services to patients, visitors, and staff
Cook in food service
Must provide proof of high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English; must be able to read and comprehend recipes
- Must be able to use simple arithmetic and keep simple records
- Must be able to use simple office machines, meat slicers, mixers, steamers, and other institutional cooking equipment
- Must be able to perform several tasks (assembling trays, reading menus, etc.) at the same time
- Ability to handle high stressed situations
- Ability to produce products with last minute notice and be successful
- Ability to follow instruction and acceptance of guidance