Employer/Location: Adventist Health Clear Lake / Clearlake, CA
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Registered Dietitian who:
Provides comprehensive nutritional care to patients and residents identified with special needs and/or those who meet nutritional risk criteria. Provides nutritional care which includes patient assessment and reassessment, patient and family education, interdisciplinary communication, nutritional plan of care development, and documentation of all interventions in accordance with policy and acceptable practice standards. Acts as a competent clinician who provides clinical care in a skilled and effective manner, utilizing appropriate technical and decision-making skills.
- Performs assessment of patients to determine those at nutritional risk. Provides quality nutritional care through utilization of nutrition plans; facilitating appropriate meal patterns, monitoring nutritional intake, initiating appropriate interventions, and providing nutritional education.
- Responsible for the comprehensive initial nutritional assessment and ongoing reassessment of the patient’s nutritional condition and stability and determination of nutritional diagnosis. Responsible for the nutritional evaluation of the patient’s response to effectiveness of the implementation of the plan of care.
- Sets patient care priorities appropriately. Assigns personnel to patient care activities for effective utilization of skills and abilities within their job description, scope of practice and level of competency. Responsible for medical nutrition therapy administration in a safe and accurate manner, monitoring, documenting, including patient response.
- Acts as an educational resource for health care team personnel including dietetic interns, patients, family members and community. Orients/instructs new professional, registered and assistive and ancillary personnel on job duties, assignments and clinical activities of the unit. Provides learning opportunities to meet the nutrition education needs of patients/family/significant others.
- Responsible for direct data collection and data assessment of the patient’s nutritional condition and stability. Supervises indirect data collection of assigned personnel.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You’ll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in food and nutrition or equivalent: Required
- Master’s Degree: Preferred
- Experience as a Clinical Dietitian: Preferred
- Dietetic internship or its equivalent: Preferred
- Registered Dietitian (RD) within 6 months of completion of residency program: Required