DM&A Executive Recruiting helps find top-notch professionals for premier hospital executive vacancies worldwide. Hiring the right executive team member is pivotal to becoming successful in healthcare food service. DM&A can help you find the right position based on your experience and skillset. Let our experience, network, and knowledge of healthcare food service take the worry out of your hands.
Job Location / Employer: Kaiser Permanente Orange County – Anaheim Medical Center – Anaheim, CA
In this role, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing the provision of high-quality, cost-effective food services for inpatient feeding, cafeteria and catering operations that meet or exceed Joint Commission, regulatory and budget requirements at Anaheim Medical Center. You will plan, coordinate, and direct Medical Center patient feeding, cafeteria and catering services.This position:
- Ensures food quality and safety by establishing and maintaining effective inventory, order, receiving, storage, and food production control systems that maintain on-going compliance with all applicable requirements of TJC, Title 22, and the appropriate Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies.
- Recruits, orients, trains, evaluates and, where appropriate, disciplines staff in area of responsibility.
- Ensures accuracy of cafeteria and catering pricing structures.
- Continuously strives to improve Public Service quality by developing specialty events, restructuring menus, modifying cooking processes, developing new product recipes, and introducing new products and services. In addition, you will ensure functional compliance with regional safety policies and standards as well as applicable federal, state, and local regulations and the Joint Commission.
- Minimum three (3) years of related food service management/chef experience within the last seven (7) years.
- Associate’s degree in culinary arts or related field or other formal restaurant management/culinary certification.
- Strong working knowledge of quantity scratch cooking with emphasis on quality.
- Must be able to work side-by-side with food production staff and manage same.
- Strong working knowledge of cafeteria and catering operations required, with demonstrated ability to manage large scale food procurement and production systems.
- Effective working knowledge of the principles of creating recipes for modified diets in the acute-care inpatient setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to train and work with staff to produce high quality food services.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computerized food service management systems required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certified Executive Chef or other certified chef designation strongly preferred.
- ServSafe certification strongly preferred or other food safety certification.
- May work between multiple locations and weekends.
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
- External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
- healthcare food service management and chef: 3 years
[/rad_page_widget][rad_page_widget id=’rpwN83SCM9BNFNP59I0C5LOSI7M6TRSPJMX’ type=’rad_button_widget’ last=’true’ type=’rad_button_widget’ label=’Apply Now’ col_link=’1313′ custom_link=” video_link=” image_link=” button_style=’default’ t_icon=” button_color=” button_bgcolor=’#ee0000′ new_window=’no’ button_size=’big’ radius=’10’ animation=’none’ delay=’0.4′ speed=’0.4′ easing=’linear’ ][/rad_page_widget][/rad_page_container][/rad_page_section]