This is an exceptional opportunity for professionals interested in the challenge of working in a dynamic, friendly, progressive environment committed to providing high quality food service to residents, staff and visitors. We are seeking applicants with a degree in Food Service Administration or a related field and at least 3 years of leadership in a Food & Nutritional Services Department.
This position reports directly to the administrators of the two facilities and are responsible for the campus wide food production, dining services and catering. The Food Service Director oversees the production of approximately 320,000 meal equivalents per year and works with 38 FTEs. New construction is in the planning stages for new kitchens. The Director is also responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of their entire team. In addition, they will foster strong inter-departmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
Salary range is $60,000 – $85,000 per year with full benefits. Relocation expenses can be negotiated. The director directly supervises the department’s Executive Chef, Dining Services Manager, consulting RD, diet tech and Catering Coordinator. Primary duties include: Development of programs that provide for high resident satisfaction, highest standards of food safety/ handling, outstanding food preparation and presentation. Budget development and fiscal responsibilities to maintain approved key indicators is mandatory. Works with dietitian in development of therapeutic menus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participates and provides creative input in the development and implementation of projects.
- Evaluates the work performance of FANS staff.
- Exhibits excellent leadership skills and leads by example.
- Oversees the completion of event planning forms.
- Proficient with computers and MS Office software used in the workplace.
- Continually evaluates food quality and makes appropriate changes as needed.
- Communicates desired changes in an educational and positive manner.
- Monitors trends and recommends adjustments based on them.
- Provides for a safe and efficient work environment.
- Provides in-service education to staff.
- Ensures that supplies and equipment are utilized in cost-effective manner in accordance with established standards and policies.
- Ensures that food, supplies and equipment ordered are from approved vendors with regard to cost-effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Supervises employee activities to ensure proper procedures are being followed.
- When catering is requested, works cooperatively with department staff to identify the menu options needed and ensure appropriate menu design.
- Works competently and effectively with vendors regarding availability of products and deliveries.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean DMV record is required.
- ServSafe® certified within six months of employment.
- Graduate from an accredited school in Food Service Management or related field of study.
- Prior kosher dining experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent customer services skills and experiences.
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Four year college degree preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check (Federal & State) and drug screening.
- Certified Dietary Manager preferred.
Salary range is $60,000 – $85,000 per year with full benefits, commensurate with experience.
About CEDAR SINAI PARK
Cedar Sinai Park provides residential and community-based care to our elders and adults with special needs allowing them to live with comfort, independence and dignity in a manner and in an environment based on Jewish values.
Cedar Sinai Park, a nonprofit organization, is committed to delivering a broad-based continuum of care that can be tailored to individuals’ unique needs. Active consumer choice and a person-centered approach to care are at the heart of our mission. Our service delivery and development is about recognizing that people, including our eldest and most frail citizens, have the right to control decisions made about their lives. Our strategic goal is to seek and implement new ways to support those decisions.
Our Family of Services
Robison Jewish Health Center – nursing home care
Rose Schnitzer Manor – independent and assisted living
Adult Day Services – convenient, flexible respite care on a daily basis
Rose Schnitzer Tower, The 1200 Building, Lexington Apartments, and Park Tower Apartments – affordable housing for seniors and people with disabilities
Kehillah Housing – affordable housing for adults with special needs
Sinai In-Home Care – in-home care
Dignity: Value each person we serve, their family and our staff as individuals
Jewish Values: Provide secure,